Tuesday 13 December 2011

Wrap up

Blog entry December 13

I felt sick on Saturday and needed to spend that day to get some rest though I spent Sunday and Monday working on Milestone 4.   My goal for the milestone was to clean up my code and perhaps get started on the unit tests.  Unfortunately, the cleaning up of the code took longer than planned and with exams to prepare for at the end of the week, work on the unit tests had to be scrapped.   Getting rid of the left over Vimeo code turned out to be a lot more time consuming than anticipated and in the end I could only manage to remove the bits of code that handled functionality for the Vimeo player that would be of no use to my slideshow player such as methods for controlling volume, play, pause, etc… as removing more than that would break either or both the slideshow player and the popcorn event manager.   My entire process of cleaning up the code thus consisted of make my edits and then checking if either the slideshow itself or any of the popcorn event handlers broke.  So far everything seems to be working.    The cleaned up code has been uploaded to my github repo.
I’ve also gotten started on the wiki for the slideshow player.    Because this is a totally new project my wiki was started from scratch.  I used the project wiki example posted on the instructor’s website for an idea on how to set it up.   Hopefully this will provide the next person who picks up this project (or maybe myself since I plan on picking this up over the summer should I not wind up in co-op)

http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Popcorn_slideshow_player#Project_Leader.28s.29

While working on this, I also worked on my student wiki on Monday.

http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/User:Dennis_Villasenor

I'm not sure if it will be appropriate to post the project wiki link to the lighthouse ticket for this though it does make some sense as that will be the first place anyone who picks up this project will look.  I'll ask around first and try to see if that is ok or if there is someplace where I should post a link to the project wiki.

 As an aside, here is a link to a demo of the slideshow player in my matrix account.   It may or may not ask you for a password however (I really should talk to helpdesk over fixing whatever I probably broke in my matrix account over the summer during BTI220)

http://matrix.senecac.on.ca/~dvillase/decairos/players/slideshow/popcorn.slideshow.html

No comments:

Post a Comment